cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 600p firmware update for linux?

GMill7
New Contributor

Hi

Any way to find out if there will be a fix for the issue below with the 600P?

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1402533 https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1402533

I waited to May but the recent firmware update didn't include the 600P; stayed at v109C

Starting to think I should be asking for a refund

Geoffrey

34 REPLIES 34

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello SAJ2017,

We're glad you were able to get the drive to work at the end. We'll pass the feedback along.Best regards,Carlos A.

GMill7
New Contributor

Hi

The new Centos VM made originally continues to run OK.

So 2 days ago I shut the Graylog server down, booted on a Centos LIVEOS CD and ran xfs_repair. To my surprise xfs_repair made 6 "repairs"! I ran xfs_repair again, clean.

It is possible that the 6 errors repaired have been present on the Graylog server for some time, it has been bouncing between SSD HDDs a lot. The Graylog Server has been restarted recently so these must have been minor.

I migrated the Graylog server off the Samsung SSD 850 Evo onto the Intel 600P (same ESXi server) and powered it on.

This morning (1st Feb) I rebooted both of these, only way to tell if they have issues. New Centos VM: no problems.

But the Graylog server fails.

(On the old firmware it would not have booted)

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Geoffrey.Mills,

Thank you for this information.For the time being, if you must use the Intel® SSD 600p Series with Linux* OS, a clean installation is the way to go.If you run into any additional issues, feel free to post back and let us know.Best regards,Carlos A.

GMill7
New Contributor

FWIW

Had the need to create a new Centos VM so I thought 'lets give give the 600P' another go...' (rev 121C)

So from scratch created Centos x64 using Centos-Everything-1511 OS

No problems. Then ran the updates, installed all updates. No problems so I rebooted

So maybe something in my Supermicro motherboard... but the Intel, Samsung and Crucial SSD also attached work perfectly

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Geoffrey.Mills,

Thanks for keeping us updated.Best regards,Carlos A.