cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 540s SSD - hangs in Windows10, upon reboot no drive detected. DevSleep issue?

FMook
New Contributor II

Hi all, I've got a couple hundred Intel SSDs and I've randomly had an issue with both the Intel 540s series and Intel 535 series drives randomly hanging the computers. When the computer blue-screens and reboots, the system can no longer find the harddrive. On the 535 series drives, Intel's tech support suggested I try installing the firmware that disables the DevSleep feature of the 535 drives. That has fixed my problem with the 535 series. However, I'm having basically the same symptoms with the 540s series drives as well. I haven't bothered contacting Intel support yet about the 540s series drives. Is there a firmware available for the 540s series that disables the DevSleep feature? The utility for the 535 series only works on that series of drives.

The Intel SSD Toolbox utility finds no problems with any of the drives when I run the full disk check repeatedly.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi citybett,

Thanks for the reply. Since you already have the latest Firmware available and also the BIOS up to date we recommend you to contact your https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html local support team in order to get further assistance. Regards, Junior M.