cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix Windows 10 and incorrect DC P4500 SSD Capacity?

EGear
New Contributor II

I have a Intel® SSD DC P4500 Series 4.0TB, AIC PCIe 3.1 card installed in a desktop running Windows 10 Home (GPT and UEFI BIOS have been enabled); however, Windows, and SSD Toolbox both show capacity of 1.9TB when it should be 4TB.

Is there anything I'm missing or should be configuring to get it to utilise full 4TB capacity?

Some output below from Intel DC Tool:

C:\isdct> .\isdct.exe show -intelssd

- Intel SSD DC P4500 Series -

Bootloader : 0136

DevicePath : \\\\.\\PHYSICALDRIVE0

DeviceStatus : Healthy

Firmware : QDV101D1

FirmwareUpdateAvailable : The selected Intel SSD contains current firmware as of this tool release.

Index : 0

ModelNumber : INTEL SSDPEDKX040T7

ProductFamily : Intel SSD DC P4500 Series

PhysicalSize : 1900000000000

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

EGear
New Contributor II

Hi Diego,

Unfortunately I am unable to supply the screenshot of the drive with the label as I have returned it as faulty to the vendor.

Thanks for all your effort in trying to resolve this.

Kind regards,

E

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

EGear
New Contributor II

Some MiniTool screenshots:

Hi EGear,

Thank you for the information.

Everything in your system looks fine, so I’m not sure why the drive shows only half of the capacity.

The only recommendation I can think of is to install the NVMe* driver for data center drives available in this site and check if there is any change: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28326/Datacenter-NVMe-Microsoft-Windows-Drivers-for-Intel-...

According to the previous information, you are currently using the driver 16.8.0.1000 which may be the driver from Microsoft* for NVMe* devices. Please try installing the one mentioned above just to check if there is any change in the drive capacity.

Please let me know the results.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

Hi EGear,

Did you have any different result after installing this NVMe* driver?

Regards,

Diego V.

EGear
New Contributor II

Hi Diego,

I had to boot into Windows 10 safe mode to force the controller to use the drivers - don’t know why - anyway, the Disk Drive changed from INTEL SSDPEDKX040T7 to the NVMe INTEL SSDPEDKX04 and the controller is now a ‘Intel SSD DC P4500/P4600 etc etc Series’ controller.

Tried a low level format again and no change.

Thanks,

E

Hi EGear,

Thank you for the information.

Please let me investigate about this to see what else we can try because this is actually very weird.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.