cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have a good day! Does Intel SSD P4500 support VSS(Variable Sector Size) functions?

jWu78
New Contributor

Have a good day!

Does Intel SSD P4500 support VSS(Variable Sector Size) functions?

If not,Why? I known that SSD P3500/P3600/P3700 series are support VSS functions.

13 REPLIES 13

jWu78
New Contributor

intel_corp

Thank you for your reply.

I know this conclusion that Intel® SSD DC P4510 Series supports only 512 and 4096 sector sizes.

My question is:

1、What are the specific technical reasons for that Intel® SSD DC P4510 Series supports only 512 and 4096 sector sizes.?

2、Which new NVMe SSD products will support more variable sector size such as 4160&4224 bytes in the future?

Thank you!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi hmily_jian,

512 and 4096 are the two most common sector sizes in Windows* and Linux*, therefore they are the ones that are currently supported.We have no information about future releases with additional sector size options at this point.Regards,Diego V.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Diego,

It worked. After I removed the second controller It also shown NumLBAFormats=1 after the restart. Changing the sector size worked immediately.

Thank you!

Best regards

André

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi André,

That's great!Thanks for confirming it worked. If you have another concern, feel free to open a new thread. We'll try to help you in any way we can.Have a nice day.Regards,Diego V.