cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between the Pro 5400S Series and the 540S Series

JBech1
New Contributor

I called support today and asked them why I would want to spend and addition 30% more money to purchase the Pro 5400S Series over the 540S Series. The specs are identical.

Support never came up with an answer, Why would I want to spend the extra bucks for the Pro 5400S Series?

4 REPLIES 4

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

ZiggyStardust,

Thanks for posting in our forum. About your question, the Intel® SSD Pro 5400s Series are the business client drives, these are made for business environment. Intel® Pro SSDs are designed to meet business needs by enabling blazing fast performance while simultaneously upgrading a system's security and manageability profile. Remotely manage passwords and proactively monitor drive health and performance. These drives come with e-Drive technology as part of the difference with the consumer drives Intel® SSD 540s series.Please let us know if you need anymore assistance or information about this.NC

JBech1
New Contributor

Nice corporate canned response. Now how about a real world answer? Why is this so difficult Intel? Here... let me babysit you and guide you through the question....

1) Are the Pro 5400S Series faster then the 540S Series?

2) Are the Pro 5400S Series more reliable then the 540S?

3) Do the Pro 5400S Series use better memory then the 5400S?

Come on Intel. How about a couple down to earth reasons, in layman terms, why I should pick these drives over the 540S Series?

It can't be that difficult.....

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

ZiggyStardust,

Please let us provide you better description of differences between the SSDs mentioned.

The Intel® SSD Pro 5400s comes with security and manageability compatibility:

-Intel® Core™ vPro™ Processor

-Intel® setup and configuration software-Trusted computing group (TCG) Opal security, subsystem class (SSC) specification version 2.0 features.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

NC

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

ZiggyStardust,

We are following up this thread and we would like to know if you have any other question or if there is something else we can help you with?We will be waiting for your response.NC