cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead SSD, 545s 240GB, customer desperate for files on it

wesd
New Contributor

Hi all.

My customer has some very important divorce files on his drive, and it suddenly died in his Dell PC. The computer was only 18 months old.

It has been off to a data clinic who have said none of their tools have worked, as they cannot access the firmware of the drive. I *think* the drive is a 545s or something similar - I haven't got the drive with me.

Can anyone recommend anywhere I can send this drive to (UK) ?? He is desperate.

Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BrusC_Intel
Contributor III

Hello, @wesd.

Good day and thank you for contacting the Intel Community Support.

I received your ticket regarding data recovery options, I will be glad to assist you.

Please check the link for a list of different data recovery companies.

- Data Recovery Options for Intel® SSDs: https://www.intel.co.uk/content/www/uk/en/support/articles/000006357/memory-and-storage.html

Please check each company website individually as they may have an office close to your location (even if this page just lists USA/Canada contact info), I can confirm that, after checking their websites, some of them do have UK office.

Please also keep in mind what is mentioned in that page:

Intel does not represent these companies nor recommend one over the other. Also, we don't reimburse customers for this service, and we don't guarantee data recovery services.

If there is anything else, please let me know.

Best regards.

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A contingent Worker at Intel

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

BrusC_Intel
Contributor III

Hello, @wesd.

Good day and thank you for contacting the Intel Community Support.

I received your ticket regarding data recovery options, I will be glad to assist you.

Please check the link for a list of different data recovery companies.

- Data Recovery Options for Intel® SSDs: https://www.intel.co.uk/content/www/uk/en/support/articles/000006357/memory-and-storage.html

Please check each company website individually as they may have an office close to your location (even if this page just lists USA/Canada contact info), I can confirm that, after checking their websites, some of them do have UK office.

Please also keep in mind what is mentioned in that page:

Intel does not represent these companies nor recommend one over the other. Also, we don't reimburse customers for this service, and we don't guarantee data recovery services.

If there is anything else, please let me know.

Best regards.

Bruce C.

Hello, wesd.

The thread will be closed right now as the previous post has been marked as the answer and it will no longer be monitored, if you have any other questions or you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, you can always contact us back.

Best regards.

Bruce C.

Just to let everyone know, that werecoverdata as recommended by intel, currently have our drive and have quoted us £3500 to retrieve these files.

That's right, three THOUSAND five hundred pounds.

DAYLIGHT ROBBERY

AlHill
Contributor II

It all depends on how important that data is to  you.  A good backup system is, of course, less expensive.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)