cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC P3600 Series running at half speed

cmeit
New Contributor II

Just bought new kit.

Intel DC P3600 Series 800GB SSD PCI-e Adaptor Card Solid State Drive (SSDPEDME800G401)

Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-Express Sound Card

Intel Core i7 5930K

32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 2400MHz Quad Channel Kit

Asus X99-S Intel X99 (Socket 2011) DDR4 ATX Motherboard

Microsoft Windows 8.1 64 Bit

2 x SLI GTX 980 video cards

System works fine. Intel SSD is configured with 8.1 and works will all the software

All bench testing on the components with PassMark shows they are all working fine except for the SSD which is only performing at 800Meg/s

I tried also using Atto bench test and got the same results. The drive is running slower than expected.

All the correct Intel drivers are installed. The Intel test package says it is working OK and link power manager is enabled.

However is read/write benchmarks are less than a 1/3 of what you would expect/ Any ideas guys, is it to do with not enough PCIe lanes being free ??

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

40 REPLIES 40

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

Hello EntonErazor,

Could you please try IOmeter to run this test? Here is the link to it: http://www.iometer.org/doc/downloads.html Iometer project - Downloads Please follow the steps below to get more accurate results.

If you are doing a sequential Read/Write, please be sure the Queue Depth is set to 128.

Step # 1:

Step # 2:

Step # 3:

Step # 4:

cmeit
New Contributor II

Thanks for the help, which item on the Iometer list do I download please to run??

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

Hello EntenErazor,

Please choose the one according to your Operating System. For example, if you are running Windows 7, 8 or 8.1* 64 bit, you will choose the following:

cmeit
New Contributor II

That download told me an error message 'This app can'trun on your PC'

I am running 8.1 64bit ?