cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

535 SSD240GB switch firmware RG2P to regular RG21

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Heya, I have newer motherboard z170 and sometimes before have problem with SSD.

On old x58 PC fixed issue with RG2P firmware and now on new mobo want switch it back to regular version.

On time when switch it, I use issdfut_2.0.15.iso, now on current version 3.0.4 when make bootable USB just tell me, that my firmware is latest and that's all.

So what need to do to switch it back to RG21?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi SimeonGG,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

The firmware version you flashed on your drive is a special firmware to disable the DEVSLEEP feature on your drive. If I'm not mistaken, that's the reason why you flashed this firmware on your drive. However, that firmware version is considered as the "latest one", just as the RG21 version, because the only difference is that it disables this feature.

Nevertheless, once the firmware has been updated to the "latest" one, it's not possible to downgrade the firmware of the drive. In this particular case, you would not be really downgrading the firmware version, but as the RG2P firmware is considered as a latest firmware version, you won't be able to flash any other firmware, even though it's the RG21. That's the reason why you are getting that message.

However, as I mentioned, the only difference is the DEVSLEEP feature, which is disabled, but the drive should work fine and you should not have any issues with it.

I hope this information answers your question.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi SimeonGG,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

The firmware version you flashed on your drive is a special firmware to disable the DEVSLEEP feature on your drive. If I'm not mistaken, that's the reason why you flashed this firmware on your drive. However, that firmware version is considered as the "latest one", just as the RG21 version, because the only difference is that it disables this feature.

Nevertheless, once the firmware has been updated to the "latest" one, it's not possible to downgrade the firmware of the drive. In this particular case, you would not be really downgrading the firmware version, but as the RG2P firmware is considered as a latest firmware version, you won't be able to flash any other firmware, even though it's the RG21. That's the reason why you are getting that message.

However, as I mentioned, the only difference is the DEVSLEEP feature, which is disabled, but the drive should work fine and you should not have any issues with it.

I hope this information answers your question.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Okk, I got this. Thanks. In future, if there is newer version, probably then can switch it back, to regular version.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi SimeonGG,

That's correct. In that case, if there is a newer firmware version in future, you should be able to update it. Regards,Diego V.