cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1.2 TB Intel SSD 750 Series trouble

BHalt1
New Contributor II

My PC has been operating properly now for several months with no issues. However, all of a sudden now my motherboard seemingly does not find the Intel 750 SSD on a cold boot. Strangely enough when I remove the SSD from the PCIe slot and place it back, the computer boots into windows (installed on the Intel 750 SSD). This happens every time. In fact, if I let the PC go to sleep, it happens then too. I am wondering if there is something wrong with the SSD? I have gone through and checked/updated all drivers for the SSD and the computer/operating system/SSD seem to work just fine once I remove the SSD and replace it then boot... This is very strange and I am completely lost here. Again, I have only had the hard drive for a few months and I love it, but I need to find out what is causing this issue. Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated.

Computer Specs:

Intel 6700K

ASUS Z170 Deluxe

GTX 1080

Intel 750 1.2 TB

3440 x 1440 Predator w/g-sync

ASUS AC1900 Network Adapter

Thermaltake Pacific RL360 RGB Water Cooling Kit

32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz DDR4 RAM

3 - Samsung 950 Pro 256 GB SSD

1 - 1 TB WD 7200 RPM HDD

49 REPLIES 49

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi all,

We are wondering if you are interested on troubleshooting this situation or if the Intel drives were already returned to the sellers or back to Intel?

We are concerned about the whole issue with it and we keep checking; however, this may take a while.

Regards.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Nestor,

I RA'd the drive to the re-seller and they replaced it for a new one.

I have just installed the drive and it is doing the same thing.

I purchased an entirely new Kaby Lake PC to work with the drive and it still doesn't function correctly.

It is going to be an expensive ornament.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Carcus85,

Please check your private message. We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

CKlei2
New Contributor

Nestor

I had the 750 U.2 that went bad, Intel did replace but I went with dual Samsung 950 Pro's. I just tired of trying to get the drive to work.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Christianklein,

We will be checking on this; however, this may take a while as we need to try to replicate the situation here.

We will keep you posted.

Regards.