cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X25-M 80Go G2 Toolbox indicate "Raid not supported" while my SSD isn't in Raid?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

In Toolbox, I don't understand that message "Raid is not supported" front of my SSD while I only have one SSD and this mode not activated. ??? When I check in bios setup, at SATA mode, neither Raid or AHCI are activated. Would anyone have an idea what might mislead Toolbox for it think my SSD is mounted in Raid?

(OS:W7 Ultimate + MB:GigaByte EX58-UD3R)

3 REPLIES 3

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I've find explication but not solution: my SSD appears as a SCSI device! So now my question is: what can I do for it to appears as a ATA device? ...And CrystalDiskInfo don't want to list my SSD in Hard Disks! so I can't know real status about my X25-M G2

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I would also like and answer to this problem.

Win XP Prof

No raid on my system but about half the time the toolbox says it cannot optimise a raid system and stops. The rests of the time

it optimises normally. If this happens a reboot appears to cure the situation buy not always.

it optimises fine

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Good luck getting an answer here. I had two X25-M -80GB drives. In AHCI - toolbox would work on one - not the other. I put in a service request and was told to return the drive that didn't work for a replacement. I am using an AMD board with an 850 southbridge. The solution that worked for me was to boot while in IDE and set up the scheduler for once a week - then go back to the bios - change back to AHCI and then the toolbox would optimize with the scheduled times. I still could not manually run the optimizer - got the famous "raid not supported". I am in the process of moving over to OCZ drives. the Intel drives are not recognized in SATA 3 if I have raid enabled. not a problem with any of my other drives (HDD's or SSD's) - just the Intels. Of course, since this is an issue with the AMD boards I doubt that Intel will be in a hurry to issue a new firmware to correct this.