cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win 7 wont boot after irst 9.6.0.1014 update

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi!

I recently bought a X25-M 80GB drive and installed win 7 x64 on it. I had Raid mode set in the BIOS during install, as i wich to add a raid array later for storage.

All went well untill i updated the storage driver to 9.6.0.1014 and now the system only boots if i set BIOS to IDE mode. If i use RAID or ACHI mode the pc just hangs with a blak screen when booting into windows!

I benched ssd performance with as-ssd-bench and in IDE mode the performance is a lot worse than in RAID mode (almost half the result). Dont know if this is due to driver 9.6 malfuction compared to driver 8.6 wich comes originally with win 7.

I reinstalled the OS, creatting a restore point before installing 9.6 driver and the same happened! Only boots in IDE mode, so i restored the system to 8.6 driver.

My doubt is about TRIM... Will it work with BIOS in RAID mode and 8.6 driver?? Is Intel SSD optmizer the same as TRIM??

Thanks in advance!!

11 REPLIES 11

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hmm, interesting problem.

Can you elaborate on you system details. CPU, motherobard (bios revision etc.)?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Sorry forgot about that

Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R (rev 1.1) ICH9R - Latest BIOS F12

C2D E6600

4GB RAM GSKILL PI series PC8000

Just found out that it actually boots with driver 9.6 in RAID mode but it takes like 10 mins to boot into Windows. It just sits in the windows loading screen without reading the hdd and about 10 mins later it starts to read he hdd and then boots! I benched the drive with driver 9.6 and results are as good or better than with 8.6 so i think the problem lies in windows loading the driver.(or maybe the BIOS??)

10 mins to boot is obviously an intolerable situation for me so im going back to driver 8.6, so my doubt remains. Will i be able to use trim with with BIOS in RAID mode and 8.6 driver?? Is Intel SSD optmizer the same as TRIM??

Any sugestions to solve my 9.6 driver problem?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Just had a BSOD and i'm pretty sure it was related to the 9.6 driver. I opened intel toolbox and it kept reading for a while and then the BSOD!

Here are the crash reports:

http://rapidshare.com/files/377350358/BSOD_Files.rar.html

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Which port is the SSD connected to?

If it is not already, try it in SATAII_0 (top-right)

Not sure about whether the msahci supports trim when the system is configured under RAID mode, but there's a standalone drive. I would put my money that it is.

Essentially, yes, SSD optimiser is the manual actuation of TRIM for when the OS or storage drivers don't support TRIM.