Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update from Intel's NAND Solutions Group - Firmware issue

Alan_F_Intel
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

To 34nm (G2) Intel® X25-M Solid-State Drive consumers,

• Intel has confirmed an issue with the firmware update process for 34nm (G2) Intel® X25-M SSDs (80GB and 160GB). This predominantly affected Windows* 7 (64bit) users during or immediately after the upgrade process to 02HA firmware using the firmware update tool (version 1.3). Intel plans to release a fix for this issue by the end of November 2009.

• Please see below to decide what you should do:

If you have not upgraded to 02HA but using 02G2 or 02G9 – then use new tool when available to upgrade to new firmware to get Trim support and better sequential write performance (160GB)

If you have successfully upgraded to 02HA - then continue using the SSD, there are no known issues.

If you have received a SSD with 02HA pre installed – then continue using the SSD, there are no known issues.

If you have unsuccessfully upgraded to 02HA - then contact Intel Customer Support for instructions on how to recover the SSD via secure erase or return SSD to Intel for replacement or refund.

*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.

Alan

NAND Solutions Group

Intel Corporation

24 REPLIES 24

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

You expect END-USERs running around with that sort of stuff? I think they'll do more harm than good with that

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

You're probably right on that account, I just wanted to point out that SMART-data CAN be manipulated.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

The issue is with Windows 7 64-bit and I upgraded the firmware to 3 SSD's using Windows 7 64-bit. Now, that strikes me as quite remarkable!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

here it came.. the end of november, the first of december..

nor Firmware, no SSD Toolbox !

HapPy ThAnKs GiVinG InTeL !

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I just bought 2 80gb G2 drives, on the packages they have FW 02G9. Do I need to update the firmware? (if so, what is the benefit and which version do I want)

One drive will be running in a win xp 32 bit system. Can I use the old SSD Toolbox to manually TRIM/wipe it? (how often, if so)

2nd drive will be running win 7 64bit, which I guess has TRIM built in (if I'm running AHCI mode). So I don't have to do anything?

Thanks for any help.