cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD Toolbox: No Optimization due to " Volume Shadow Copy Service data"

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi all and support!

In an other thread some users had problems running the new optimizer in the SSD Toolbox 1.2.

Me too - 😉

Running XP pro 32 bit with system recovery disabled (via ssd tweaker util) and volume shadow copy service (vssvc.exe) manually disabled.

There are no system recovery points stored. Additionally I stopped all services that are bound to the backup software Acronis True Image Home

that I have installed. Even when starting XP in secured mode (German: Abgesicherter Modus via F8 at start time) the optimizer didn't start.

Version 1.1 worked so far I could see - I didn't check the variation of access times.

Any hint or clue?

Thomas

SSD X-25M 160GB Gen2 (FW 02HD), Notebook Samsung Aura Danica, XP Home SP3 32-bit, SSD Toolbox 1.2.0

48 REPLIES 48

PAckr
New Contributor II

You don't say which version of the toolbox you are using & I have not tried V1.3, but with XP Pro64, V1.1 does work, see my post above dated 8th Feb.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Apologies. I was using 1.3. I could not get it to work. I found 1.1 and it did indeed work. Will no future versions be supported!?

PAckr
New Contributor II

One word of caution about V1.1 - I heard that it destroys the data in restore points and makes System Restore fail. I turn off System Restore so I don't know.

I so wish that the problem would get sorted, but Intel seem to blame M/S & the last hotfix that M/S issued on a XP64 & Server2003 support page to sort it would not install on XP64

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I'm using a portuguese version of Windows 7 Home Premium x64. I always get the VSS warning message about VSS not been enabled or working properly, but I have it enabled and set to automatic startup. I know it's something to do with the problem of Intel Tool Box not recognizing the command in english and the ouput should be "no shadow copies", but my Windows shows the equivalent output message in portuguese and Intel Tool Box only understands english.

I read this in the internet, I've tried setting the non unicode programs to english in Control Panel/Region language, but I still get the warning message. I can't mess with the vssadmin in Windows/system32 as it's a protected file from the system, acess is denied.

I have no clue how to make Intel Tool Box to understand that VSS is enabled in my PC. cam someone help me??

PAckr
New Contributor II

Franco,

If all you want to do is get TRIM to work then you could use Toolbox V1.1. It is what I did with XP65Pro. Or have I missed the question?