cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD Failure?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Im not sure this is the right place to post this? I custom built my Pc for gaming. I used a Maple Crest SSD which I purchased from Newegg. It worked great for about a week until I was playing Minecraft one day and it froze and crashed. I was stuck in the repair loop. Which is awful if you know what I'm talking about. I finally fixed it with some steps on the Windows 7 forums. So it booted and worked for2 mins until I blue screened and now my computer blue screens every time I try to boot up even in safe mode. And in the BIOS my SSD doesn't show up in boot priority. What should I do?

6 REPLIES 6

Vegan
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

i own lots and lots of disks, this way if one dies its not the end of world

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

You do NOT want to use DBAN on a SSD. That writes data many times to a drive, which is worthless on a SSD, will put it into a terrible performance state, and just causes unnecessary wear. A true SSD Secure Erase is the only method to refresh a SSD. If you ran DBAN on a SSD, you should SE it, or at the very least, quick format it (never full format) afterwards.

The best test for your SSD is to try it on another PC. Or, clear the BIOS/CMOS on your PC, reconnect or use a different cable for the SSD, and check again if it is seen in the BIOS.