cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD Failure?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Im not sure this is the right place to post this? I custom built my Pc for gaming. I used a Maple Crest SSD which I purchased from Newegg. It worked great for about a week until I was playing Minecraft one day and it froze and crashed. I was stuck in the repair loop. Which is awful if you know what I'm talking about. I finally fixed it with some steps on the Windows 7 forums. So it booted and worked for2 mins until I blue screened and now my computer blue screens every time I try to boot up even in safe mode. And in the BIOS my SSD doesn't show up in boot priority. What should I do?

6 REPLIES 6

Vegan
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Use another machine and slave the SSD to it

http://www.hardcore-games.tk/wp/hw/ssd.php Hardcore Games - Solid State Drives (SSD)

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

So your basically saying try the ssd on another computer?

Vegan
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Grab the SSD tool kit I link to uder the 320 series and use that to attempt to revive the SSD

if that does not work out send it back for an RMA

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I tried the toolbox thing. I didn't even detect an ssd on my system even though it is plugged in properly..Im going to wipe my harddrive and my ssd with DBAN. If this doesn't work I guess I'll RMA. A whole week without a computer! Nooo!