cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD damaged after 1day ?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi,

i have installed Win7 64bit 3 times on 3 different SSD´s (all of them are X25-M G2 80GB 2.5")

The fist one worked for 1 day before my System reported a S.M.A.R.T. Error (something with the end-to-end error correction)

the Serial Number was : CVPO051301QK080JGN. I sent it back to the supplier for an replacement as i thought this can happen.

The 2nd one worked for about 20 days and then reported the same Error as the 1st one (Serial Number was : CVPo102500Z0080JGN) . I was really surprised as i was quite happy with the performance, so i sent it back to the supplier for an replacement, ok all good things are 3 i thought. But the supplier sent me back the money.

So i ordered a new one from a other supplier, i installed again the Win7 64bit and was stilll working with all windows updates, when suddently the system keep freezing all 2-3 seconds for 1 second, first i thought it is based on the updates which get installed, but finnaly the system freezed completely and i did a hard power off.

The reboot started but what that.... no SSD anymore ??? it does not appear in the BIOS. So now also the 3rd SSD has obviously the same issue, I´m really irritated as all research i did before told me that this is the SSD to use. I have also ordered a new SATA Cable which did not make any difference.

Now i sent back also the 3rd SSD (X25-M G2 80GB 2.5") and will wait for anybody who can tell me whats going wrong on my end 🙂 my current system is not the newest but runs stabel for 2 years and i had never issues with it but i assume it don´t like intels SSD´s 🙂

System :

Mainboard : ASUS P5N-E SLI (NVIDIA nForce Controller)

Grafik : NVIDIA GeForce8800 GTX

Did anybode fight with the same issues i have ?

I think i will just stay on my old HDD and put the Money in my new bicycle 🙂

cheers

Jens

26 REPLIES 26

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Of course I had defective hardware through the years..... and I can count them in the fingers of one hand, 1 ATI x800 graphics back when Doom was coming out and all the video craze started and that was because I put the card in my gym locker and it was getting hot and humid caused it to malfunction, 1 external desktop HDD which I dropped, in other words it was always my mistake.

Just take a look at the forum...it's full of people complaining about the same issue, starting from late '09 until now, freezing, 8m problem, firmware, I'm sure you can count and find the amount of unhappy people overwelming...it's not just one or two...it's lots of them, you cannot argue this no matter how hard you try.

Again Intel can RMA the drives all they want they still have the same issues, until they come up with some patch or fix ...if they give a damn, which I doubt.

I switched back to the 10000rpm velociraptors and found my peace, and I'll wait until I see no complaints in the forums, then I'll know it's the right time to switch to SSD, until then I think I'll put more money in western digital's pockets.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

"... overwhelming..." "you cannot argue this no matter how hard you try."

Well, I checked six pages of posts, at 15 per page, that is 90 total. I found three, including yours, mentioning the 8MB size issue. So that is 3 1/3%. Actually I'd say that is higher than usual. Plus forum posts tend to be about problems, not happiness with a product. Still, that is not good. I know Intel just opened a new factory for SSD manufacture, so maybe they were having a problem with one.

If you'd like to make your defective product policy suggestion to someone that might be able to do something about it, the forum is not the place for that. Do that here:

http://www.intel.com/support/feedback.htm?group=ssd http://www.intel.com/support/feedback.htm?group=ssd