cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD 510 120 GB Host writes reset/overflow?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Last month SSD Toolbox reports more than 3 TB written on my SSD, today only 50 GB. Is this perhaps a firmware bug, counter overflow?

(Sorry for my bad English)

17 REPLIES 17

KMora3
New Contributor

Hi glurp23,

I've noticed same issue and according to Intel, it is known bug and was submitted to be fixed in next firmware update release, see more in this thread:

/message/196502# 196502 http://communities.intel.com/message/196502# 196502

Cheers,

Karel

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I would not be watching for a firmware update for the 510 to fix that SMART data, as the chances it will be are virtually zero. While the 510 is not yet considered "End of Life" in the Intel ARK data listing, it has not been available for retail purchase for a while now. I doubt it has been manufactured since early 2012 at the latest. Intel rarely issues firmware updates, and only for important issues, which is not the case with that SMART data value. It's possible that the SMART values displayed in the Toolbox are not the only attributes being logged.

I just learned that quite a few Intel SSDs are being discontinued, including the 520, 525, 313, and 320. If those newer models are being discontinued, what are the chances the 510 will have a firmware update for that one SMART value, if it even is a true problem.

KMora3
New Contributor

My thought exactly (there hasn't been public firmware update to 510 model ever, unlike for instance X-25M or 320 which seen several updates already), I just thought you guys should know it is known issue.

Those 520, 525, ... 25nm NAND models are getting discontinued because Intel is moving in smalled manufacturing nods soon.

SOasi
New Contributor II

Yes.

Intel has made some updates to the "Intel Solid-State Drive Toolbox" only.

But Intel has not made any update to the firmware.

My 510 SSD 120GB is now reporting wrong host writes in the "Intel Solid-State Drive Toolbox Version 3.1.6.

Because "Host Writes" jumps from 19TB to 32TB just after a system reboot, both reported by "Intel Solid-State Drive Toolbox Version 3.1.6".

See attached pictures.

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

We are aware of this issue with the Intel® SSD Toolbox 3.1.6. Thanks for reporting it.

We will communicate /thread/43139 here when we have a fix.