cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New firmware release... Today? When?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

The end of the month is here and now the community want their new firmware!

I want some reliable info about the release. No false statements!! Is It coming today? Or?

I believe this question is asked over and over again, but I ask It again anyway

44 REPLIES 44

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

The problem is that in business when you promise something you piss off your customers off you don't deliver. They haven't delivered when they said they would. It is simply not good enough, you shouldn't make promises that you can keep.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I would not accuse Intel engineers of being lazy. I have no reason to think that. I just don't believe they have assigned enough resources to resolving the problem. I think this should be a higher priority than it obviously has been. We're talking about an enormous company with top scientists and engineers around the world. This would be a monumental task for my small group of developers, but it would not be that big of a problem for Intel if they made it a top priority.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Right on! Don't blame the engineers - this is a classic product/project management foul-up. I am glad that I am not the PM on this project. With this many angry customers I'll wager that someone is soon going to be an ex-PM for mishandling customer expectations on the delivery of the fix. Even if the Intel team delivers in the next few hours and technically meets availability, the damage is done and customer sat is toast for many of the the thousands of end users intensely following these threads.

What they fail to grasp is not the delay, but the gross failure to communicate it.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

It is 17:25 01/12/2009 in Sydney, Australia which is Already end of DECEMBER and no Updates from Intel has been released. My HDD is currently Bricked and no one knows if THEY EVER going to release it or not. I've been checking the website everyday to check if its available but it is not. Very Very upset with intel!!! Any supporters????

I mean, hey, if you are not meeting a deadline - it's fine, just inform your customers about that!!!! That's how most of business would do these days. Reputation is everything in a mordern world. They Specified END of November officially and no extention. Oh well! F...k Intel!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Lack of communication, Intel do something about the public relations person/group. This is crazy - If you dont have the firmware ready for release let us know your not going to meet your own "planned" deadline.

Please treat your customers with dignity and at least provide regular communication updates. Many here depend on this technology for means of income and have customers that also are demanding.