cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to reflash SSD with same firmware

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I need to reflash my both Intel X25-M with the latest firmware but tool doesn't let me cause it's already running latest version. Reason why is that under Windows 7 Raid 0 of these two scores only 5.9. I thought that SATA controller on my x58 motherboard went bad, so i got a new motherboard and same thing! I think something wrong is going with drives and they probably need to be reflashed, that might fix a problem. Just to say that Windows 7 always scored 7.9 before.

32 REPLIES 32

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

HDDErase only works in IDE mode (Compatible). I have low end spare machine for that so that came handy. I will have to rebuild system but i will set Raid 1 this time to avoid any system reinstalling in the future since i can always disconnect one SSD (restore it) put it back to Raid 1 and rebuild it and then take other drive.

Thanks for help!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Why do you need RAID 1? Why not use one SSD as main system and the other for backing up data, music, pictures, etc.? This way you don't have to fuss with rebuilding RAID arrays and have the important stuff on a separate SSD.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have another 4x2TB 7200RPM HDDs in the system. Raid 1 - 2xSSD - System, Raid 0 = 2x2TB - Games, Single 2TB HDD for Windows Backups, Another Single 2TB HDD for Videos, Music and Virtual Machine. System is x58 with mailto:i7@3800Mhz i7@3800Mhz