cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to reflash SSD with same firmware

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I need to reflash my both Intel X25-M with the latest firmware but tool doesn't let me cause it's already running latest version. Reason why is that under Windows 7 Raid 0 of these two scores only 5.9. I thought that SATA controller on my x58 motherboard went bad, so i got a new motherboard and same thing! I think something wrong is going with drives and they probably need to be reflashed, that might fix a problem. Just to say that Windows 7 always scored 7.9 before.

32 REPLIES 32

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I am asking to force its regular firmware to update.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

The question of this thread is "reflashing SSD with same firmware." You said and I quote: "I need to reflash my both Intel X25-M with the latest firmware but tool doesn't let me cause it's already running latest version."

You don't have to install what is already installed.

Have a nice day.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I am trying to fix what Intel should provided utility for after taking big amount of $$$ for it. I got HDDEraser 3.3, it successfully erased SSD. From what i could read on Internet it brings SSD performance back to its factory state. Now i have to do another one and then Install Windows 7 on it and run tests. If this shows up to be a successful best solution is going to be Raid 1. Every 6 months do this Erase and rebuild second disk in Raid 1 and then take first one and do the same so i don't have to reinstall Windows 7 every six months.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Guys problem is fixed!!!! Yay. After using HDEraser 3.3, I quickly installed Windows 7 and for single SDD on ACHI (Windows Default Drivers) WEI scores 7.8 yay. SSDs are restored to its best performance!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

good to hear that.....

securely formatting ssd can restore its peak performance after its performance is degraded...

normally it is done using hdderase and hdparam...

not as quite convenient as trim but it works........ for raid config. u have to split them before u do the hdd erase and put it back.