cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRST 11.6 is bugged!

MSmit17
New Contributor

Don't you test your software before release it?

The 11.6 interface can't be opened, debug errors shows. All this under windows 7 ultimate 32 bits. Tested on two different pc's.

67 REPLIES 67

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

MSmit17
New Contributor

Thanks now i remember i installed this once same asertion crashes.... My PC doesn't like all the 11.XX versions....

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

thanks,

Although 11.2 is working for me, I note your warnings and experiences, so I will give the 10.8 version a try, I have found it on the Intel downloads site now.

Oli

MSmit17
New Contributor

Well i updates my asus mobo bios and finally im running irst 11.2, the bios says features 11.2 support all this under windows 7 32 bits.

Today i installed windows 7 64 bits now i wonder if i could be able to run irst 11,7?

somebody knows if the bios has to match the irst version? I tried to run 11.7 under windows 7 32 bits and the interface crashed all the time.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

The IRST version does not need to match the Option ROM (what you called BIOS), fortunately, at least in the past. Mother board manufactures (except Intel) are very bad about updating the IRST RAID Opton ROMs, most never do it even once in the lifetime of a board. Recently that has changed somewhat, given RAID 0 TRIM, Windows 8 and UEFI booting. My ASRock board has two different IRST Option ROMs, one for BIOS/CSM booting, and one for UEFI booting.

Guess what guys, I can get the IRST GUI to run fine with IRST 11.6 or 11.7... when you use Windows 8. Or is should say, it just works fine with Windows 8. Note that IRST 11.6 and 11.7 are the only 11 series versions that are listed as compatible with Windows 8. Yes, Intel now includes them in Windows 7 downloads, but I would not expect the IRST UI to work with 11.7 and Windows 7 64 bit, it never did for me.