cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRST 11.6 is bugged!

MSmit17
New Contributor

Don't you test your software before release it?

The 11.6 interface can't be opened, debug errors shows. All this under windows 7 ultimate 32 bits. Tested on two different pc's.

67 REPLIES 67

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

This has been driving me crazy, so it is good to find this thread at last. I was Googling for permutations of

IRST

Assertion failed

PsiData

PsiDataSource

GetEndDeviceInfo

Amongst other terms and did not get anywhere.

I have a Giga-Byte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 board. same errors on a clean re-install of W7 X64, using IRST 11.6. Updated to 11.7. Same errors. reverted to 11.6, still the same.

Found this thread. Tried disabling the Marvell controller (in BIOS and in W7 too). Still the same problem.

Searched for and found IRST 11.2. Installed and working fine. GUI is OK, even with Marvell chip re-enabled.

Looks like 11.6 and 11.7 both have big problems for many of us!

MSmit17
New Contributor

11.2 has memory issues i would not recommend it to you, im using 10.8 better right now.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Antonio wrote:

11.2 has memory issues i would not recommend it to you, im using 10.8 better right now.

I have no problems with 11.2 with 2 sets of RAID 5 array off 6 ports.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I would agree with Peter, it is IRST 11.5 that had the memory leak issue. Intel does not offer IRST 11.5 for download, except as simply an AHCI driver, if they still do.

Currently, Intel offers for their boards, 11.2 and then skips to 11.6.

I will say that IRST 10.8.0.1003 is great and quite faster than later versions, at least with 6 series chipsets, and is my choice for my P67 board.

MSmit17
New Contributor

yes 11.5 is the memory leak one.

is there a place where i can download the 11.2 international version one?