Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel(r) SSD Toolbox is ready to go!

Alan_F_Intel
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hey everyone,

Good news (just in time for the holidays)! We have released the new version of the http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18455 Intel® SSD Toolbox (version 1.2) which fixes the issue with the Intel® SSD Optimizer.

rgds,

Alan

Intel NSG Marketing Division

74 REPLIES 74

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Same problem here: SSDSA2M080G2GN (fw 2CV102HD, two partitions) w/ Windows XP SP3 32bit on Thinkpad T60. VSC already disabled. "Optimizer could not run due to the presence of Volume Shadow Copy Service data". Quite disappointed. What can I do?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Yep. I do encounter exactly the same problem. 32-bit Windows XP Pro (SP3) with Dec 2009 updates (Intel F6-AHCI driver version from v9.1.1.1025) . Hardware: Gigabyte P55A-UD5 (F6-Bios) | Intel i7-870 | 2x2 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 (KVR1333D3N9K2/4G) | Gainward GF-210 (passive) | AVM ISDN Fritz!Card-PCI v2.0 | Boot drive: Intel X25M-160 GB (SSDSA2M160G2GC, Postville) & Vizo Mobil Rack Arius CI | 2x 2 B ST Barracuda LP 5900.12 & GrowUp Smart Drive 2002 | SilverStone Nightjar 400 W | Cherry Unlimited.B | Logitech Performance MX (modded).

To no avail, I installed 32-bit Win XP SP3 with Dec 2009 update on a Samsung HD250HJ (boot drive with Intel F6-AHCI driver) to hot-plug Intel's Postville-SSD for optimization with Intel's SSD Toolbox.

Finally, I purchased Win 7 Pro and installed it on a WD1200BEVS (AHCI driver v1.0 from Microsoft) and hot plugged my Intel X25-M Postville-SSD. The SSD Toolbox worked perfectly here. So I am working on a Win XP system only to switch to Win XP weekly for TRIM. Hey, Intel guys, that's not funny!

PLEASE let me know if there is a solution. I badly need to replace the hard drives with SSD in my Win XP notebooks. Postville SSD will be difficult to opt for without TRIM function working properly on 32-bit Win XP systems.

Edited: And yes, I have already updated to firmware version 2CV102HD from the very beginning.

DZand
Contributor III

xdave schrieb:

32-bit Windows XP Pro (SP3) with Dec 2009 updates (Intel F6-AHCI driver version from v9.1.1.1025)

There is no Intel F6-AHCI driver version 9.1.1.1025 available. What you mean is the Intel Chipset Device Software (="INF Update Utility") v9.1.1.1025, but this package only contains text files (with the suffix .INF) for the management of the Intel chipset system devices.

The only Intel AHCI driver is named IASTOR.SYS. You will find it within the Intel(R) Matrix Storage Manager package (actual driver version: 8.9.0.1023) or within the Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology package (actual version: 9.5.4.1001).

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello,

Same problem here:

"... could not run due to the presence of Volume Shadow Copy Service data..."

Also using XP Pro here.

I tried to check for VSS data by using:

vssadmin list shadows

It tells me there are no shadow copies on my system.

When will this be fixed ???

Bye

Rainer Tammer

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Please read the accompanying documentation provided with the Toolbox. Sectoin 4.0 of the Toolbox Users Guide clearly discusses the false "Volume Shadow Copy Service" some users may see, and the Microsoft Hotfix link to resolve the issue.