Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel(r) SSD Toolbox is ready to go!

Alan_F_Intel
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hey everyone,

Good news (just in time for the holidays)! We have released the new version of the http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18455 Intel® SSD Toolbox (version 1.2) which fixes the issue with the Intel® SSD Optimizer.

rgds,

Alan

Intel NSG Marketing Division

74 REPLIES 74

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

FINALLY! Now that toolbox version 1.3 is out, I have throughly "user-tested" it for two consecutive days, and guess what: IT WORKS flawlessly under Windows XP SP3 (German & French) without any vssadmin or other systemwise alterations.

My SSD is partitioned in two logical drives (60 & 100 GB, less than 30 % are used on each drive ) and it took more than 25 min (MINUTES!) for C: to complete the task while toolbox needed approx. 20 sec to "TRIM" D:. Under Win 7, toolbox has never taken me more than 20 sec for each drive.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have one problem...

When i try to optimize the drive, toolbox says "Cannot run the Intel SSD Optimizer on RAID configurations".

I have one G2 80GB with 2CV102HD firmware, Win7 x64, standard ahci 1.0 sata controller, ahci enabled in bios... MB is MSI 790FX-GD70. I tried fresh instaled win7 on another AMD computer, but i get same message. The problem is in all versions of toolbox (1.1, 1.2, 1.3)

Does Intel block optimizer on AMD based computers?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III
I use it for some time on an ASUS bord with an AMD un der XP.No Problem.

CloudBuilder

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi!

I am here to report a problem that I'm experiencing on a 80G Postville, running on XP SP3 32bits.

Whenever i try to run the optimization tool in Toolbox 1.3, i keep getting an error message entitled "VSS Service Disabled Warning", although the vss service is active...

This is not related to the language issue as well.

Help is welcome, thank you!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I'm using a portuguese version of Windows 7 Home Premium x64. I always get the VSS warning message about VSS not been enabled or working properly, but I have it enabled and set to automatic startup. I know it's something to do with the problem of Intel Tool Box not recognizing the command in english and the ouput should be "no shadow copies", but my Windows shows the equivalent output message in portuguese and Intel Tool Box only understands english.

I read this in the internet, I've tried setting the non unicode programs to english in Control Panel/Region language, but I still get the warning message. I can't mess with the vssadmin in Windows/system32 as it's a protected file from the system, acess is denied.

I have no clue how to make Intel Tool Box to understand that VSS is enabled in my PC. cam someone help me??