Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel(r) SSD Toolbox is ready to go!

Alan_F_Intel
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hey everyone,

Good news (just in time for the holidays)! We have released the new version of the http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18455 Intel® SSD Toolbox (version 1.2) which fixes the issue with the Intel® SSD Optimizer.

rgds,

Alan

Intel NSG Marketing Division

74 REPLIES 74

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Has anyone tried the toolbox on a Raid volume with the new RST 9.6 ?

If it doesn't work, will there be an updated version supporting manual TRIM on a raid array?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Still a no-go with the SSD Toolbox - 'No Partition' still...

Hoping Intel makes a move now we've got the drivers

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

To no avail, I tried everything with my XM-25 (160 GB, FW 2CV102HD) + Win XP (SP3, Feb-2010): changing "vssadmin" and/or changing my "regional settings." Now I have read, that Intel's old SSD Toolbox (v1.1) is supposed to work under Win XP. Is there anybody, who could PLEASE mail me this v1.1-Toolbox. THANK YOU in advance!!!

PS: Sadly enough, there is no life sign from Intel to solve this common issue. If OCZ or other companies make their homework and give support, why should I stick to intel?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

My XM-25 Postville finally works with Win-XP (SP3; German XP Pro). I have simply installed Toolbox v1.1 instead of v1.2. My System: intel i7-870 on GA-P55A-UD5 w/ 2x2 GB Kingston (KVR1333D3N9K2/4G).

Consider to use v1.1 under win xp, if you failed to use the option "vssadmin" or the "regional setting." Read/download yourself (German): http://www.computerbase.de/forum/showthread.php?t=681920 (rapidsshare.com, load.to, depositfiles.com).

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

until now I changed vssadmin by 2 Dutch versions of XP and one Dutch version of Vista.

The easy way is to use a Linux CD and change BOTH files the one in \Windows\system32 an the one in \Windows\system32\dllcache.

You can make a copy from the file and patch the file (in Windows) and put it in a convenient map. Then you can start puppy or something like that and copy the files to the maps. Always also make a copy from the original...... just in case....

CloudBuilder