Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel(r) SSD Toolbox is ready to go!

Alan_F_Intel
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hey everyone,

Good news (just in time for the holidays)! We have released the new version of the http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18455 Intel® SSD Toolbox (version 1.2) which fixes the issue with the Intel® SSD Optimizer.

rgds,

Alan

Intel NSG Marketing Division

74 REPLIES 74

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

hello together,

I found an easier way to make the toolkit work on my XP 32-Bit.

Instead of editing the vssadmin.exe I simply changed my regional settings for non-Unicode Programs:

--> Control Panel --> Regional and Language Options --> in the advanced tab change the standard setting for non-unicode programs from German (Germany) to English (United States)

This worked for me even when scheduling the Optimizer.

Hope this is of help for you to.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Matias B.

Thank you that's a better option than patching.

I did however all the patching (for 3 systems Xp and Vista) and that is working fine.

I will make a copy of your remark and put it with my notes, so next time this is the way.

CloudBuilder

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi! My SSD got slower speeds... When I runned the firmware it only lasted 5seconds at most.

I have a Intel T8300, ICH8M-E southbridge and Windows 7 x64. Here are my results

I had the older SSD Toolbox installed before, I unninstalled it and then I installed the new one. Is there any kind of incompatibility between my Southbridge and the SSD

Thanks

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

How would I run this toolbox if I have a Macbook Pro?

Current Setup

Intel X25-M 160gb G2

Partition 1: Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

Partition 2: Mac Snow Leopard

Currently if I try to run the optimizer on my mac partition, it tells me that its not NTFS so it cannot run. So if i'm correct, should i...

Wipe the mac partition, convert formatted mac partition to ntfs, merge ntfs partition with win partition, run optimizer? How can you wipe using SSD toolbox if the program you're running is on that partition? Sorry, a lot of random questions....

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have a MAC too.

First, the MAC partition cannot be TRIM'd. Period. Second, there is no need to run the tool for Windows 7 if you are using the Microsoft default drivers. I did not use the Bootcamp drivers nor the NVIDIA chipset IDE drivers. I let windows 7 use the default. If you are using any other drivers other than the default Microsoft drivers, then the SSD optimizer must be run.

The SSD Optimizer only works on NTFS systems as you disovered. TRIM is not available on the MAC side. You are just going to have to wait until Apple implements this in their OS. There are no tools currently available for the MAC that will do what TRIM does automatically on the WIN side.

I hope that helps.