cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't use SSD Toolbox on my X25-M ??

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello,

I have just setup my new computer with Win7 installed on a WD Velociraptor 300GB and an intel SSD X25-M 160GB where I installed Flight Simulator. When I first launched Windows 7, it did not show my SSD in "My Computer" and I had to go to "Disk Management" to select the SSD Drive and "activated" it in NTFS. Now everything seems fine.

Now, I wanted to instal the SSD Toolbox to optimize my drive. In the bios, all SATA drives are set with IDE. Unfortunately, when I launcg the SSD Toolbox, it says that the SSD drive is not compatible with the tool..... what's going on ?

Thank you

Greg

28 REPLIES 28

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

By the way, in disk management if I select rightclick/delete volume, it will erase all data on the drive.... no other way to recreate the volume ? Can I just backup and paste again the data.. ?

Thanks

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes, all your data will be gone. Yes, you can back it up to another drive and then restore it after recreating the volume.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

It's funny. I have deleted my SSD drive, recreate it with the Win7 assistant and got a new 160GB NTFS drive. Then I recopied all my Program files. The first time I relaunched FSX it started as fast as under IDE (8 seconds) but once the PC restarted, I launched again FSX and then, it took as long as 30 seconds.... and it is the same story everytime I launch the program for the first time..... I really feel I'll set IDE again..... howcome AHCI is that slow ?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Correction... now I just reboot the PC again and FSX started quite fast (8 seconds).... hope the new firmware and trim function will accelerate and stabilize that even more.... so that I didn't change to AHCI for nothing....

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Strange behavior to be sure, cassis. Do you see similar behavior with applications that are completely on the Raptor? I'm wondering whether the slowdown you see is caused by the SSD, or the Raptor. When you start FSX, it still has to pull DirectX and other such files off the Raptor, so it could be either one, really. Or both.