cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else had a repeat 8mb brick on 320 ssd AFTER firmware update.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Had my 320 ssd for a month, all going well till a usb device BSOD my win7, rebooted to find my disk at 8mb. Waited for firmware update last wednesday as lots of forum discussion. Did Secure erase and firmware update to v1.9 and restored partition on friday. Today usb BSOD again (visual studio blow up, im a software developer) and rebooted to find the drive again 8mb. Anyone else had this problem, looks to me like the firmware update did not fix this type of issue.

Greg.

86 REPLIES 86

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Same problem for me. My Intel SSD 320 600GB now shows 8MB while running in my laptop as it was the second hard disk. No loss of power or anything similar occurded. I am now afraid that my first Intel SSD 320 600GB will get the same problem. So firmware 10362 has not solved the problem. Intel will exchange the disk, but I had to live with the risk.

Bad news. TC

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

installed 320 300gig today. I updated firmware right off. I needed the new drive to replace my 120 ssd.. Installed MW3 . Played for a couple hours. Came home pc at black screen. I had to hook up my old drive. The erase trick doesnt work. stays at 8 meg even after I tried to erase.

JNyma
New Contributor

Decided to post here, as I had my second failure. This time it happened after firmware update (current FW 4PC10362) and few weeks of use. In the middle of operation, computer froze and HDD light was constantly on. After reset I got 8MB drive with serial BAD_CXT 13F. So not 13x, but close...

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Mine had froze up the system. Then on forced reboot Windows started coming up normally, then I saw a brief bluescreen.

Intel - any input here? Looks like another bricking scenario for these drives - I purchased this drive for it's reliability - $1200+

DSilv11
New Contributor II

Have you contacted the Intel Support team (http://www.intel.com/support/feedback.htm?group=ssd http://www.intel.com/support/feedback.htm?group=ssd) or just POSTing here on the users forum?