cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else had a repeat 8mb brick on 320 ssd AFTER firmware update.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Had my 320 ssd for a month, all going well till a usb device BSOD my win7, rebooted to find my disk at 8mb. Waited for firmware update last wednesday as lots of forum discussion. Did Secure erase and firmware update to v1.9 and restored partition on friday. Today usb BSOD again (visual studio blow up, im a software developer) and rebooted to find the drive again 8mb. Anyone else had this problem, looks to me like the firmware update did not fix this type of issue.

Greg.

86 REPLIES 86

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

One more failure here, with latest firmware (4PC1LE04) - the whole ordeal and things I tried described at http://goran.krampe.se/2013/01/02/ssd-nightmare Never an Intel SSD again - Roads Less Taken. In summary, yes its relatively simple to "revive" the disk, no, you can't save any data on your own (but some recovery firms claim they can) and no, I don't use this disk anymore - I got another brand - and I will never buy Intel SSD again.

SShri4
New Contributor

It's 2016. My Inter SSDSA2BW160G3L in Lenovo T520 became a brick.

No power loss (it's in laptop). I had the latest firmware (Intel SSD Toolbox 3.3.7 can't see updates).

Now I have to do security erase and lost all my data including uncommited code I have been writing at nights. I hate you Intel. Burn in hell with your shitty SSDs.