cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1.7 update

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

My system is running fine is there a need to upgrade to the lastest firmware?

12 REPLIES 12

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have intel 80GB G2 (SSDSA2M080G2GC) and firmware : 2CV102HD (info from Intel Toolbox) . Do this 1.7 update apply to my SSD ??

Before update do I have to change from AHCI to IDE in bios ??

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes and yes. Download the firmware ISO and burn it to a CD/DVD. Set your BIOS to IDE and make sure the cd-rom is the first boot drive. CAREFULLY follow the directions and it will update. Good luck!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

As always, the user guide for this firmware update should be read before performing the update, it is available from the same page as the firmware update file itself.

Some other information:

The download file must be burned to a CD as "ISO image", which is not the same as a simple file copy.

The SSD(s) involved cannot be in a RAID array, you can temporarily change to IDE mode in the BIOS, not by the RAID software, and back again when done.

Some but not all PCs are required to be in IDE rather than AHCI mode. I ran my firmware update in AHCI mode and it worked fine. Some PCs that must be in IDE mode are listed in the user guide.

The SSD must have password protection turned off during the update.

Don't forget to change the boot order to your Optical drive for the update to run. The PC must be started from a cold/shutdown state, with the firmware ISO image CD in the drive.

All this info is from the firmware update user guide.