cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win 8 Can't Find my 600p

BBenn4
New Contributor

I am trying to install Windows 8 on a 256g 600p, using it as a boot drive. The bios sees it but Windows does not. The drive is set to GPT/NTFS. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

BWC3,

Could you please confirm the architecture of the OS you are using. For this specific drive, the OS must be 64 Bit.

Best regards,

Aleki

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

BWC3,

Could you please confirm the architecture of the OS you are using. For this specific drive, the OS must be 64 Bit.

Best regards,

Aleki

BBenn4
New Contributor

The O.S. (was) Windows 8.0 Pro 64 bit. I upgraded it to 8.1 Pro. It sees and accesses my 600P. I not have a disk copy of 8.1, therefore have to clone the boot drive to the 600P. The problem now is that the Intel "SSD" drive cloning software does not work with M.2 drives, or so the message read. Any Intel alternatives?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

BWC3,

Thank you for your time. Here is a third-party tool that can do the trick just fine. http://www.todo-backup.com/home/download.htm EaseUS* Todo Backup - Other users have reported that the free version has helped during the cloning process. Just make sure you have your information backed up to avoid data loss. *NOTE: The link above is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.Best regards,Aleki

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

BWC3,

We haven't heard from you since we sent you our last recommendation. We would like to know if the information we provided you helped you resolve the situation.Best regards,Aleki