cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to install SSD Toolbox?

DGosl
New Contributor

Hi

Bought and installed a 520 series SSD to a video editing station, then installed win 7 pro and all the editing software from Adobe, it is superb.

Having done all this - I then find out there is an SSD Toolbox to help keep the disc at prime.

My question is - should I have installed the SSD toolbox and run it as soon as the drive was installed - or can I still install it and run it even though I've been working on the drive for a while. Am I going to lose data, settings etc by installing and running the SSD Toolbox now?

Thanks

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

UHans
Contributor

The short answers to you three questions are: No need to, Yes, and No.

The longer version is: Windows 7 features TRIM, so the SSD is automatically kept optimized as you use it. In most cases, there is no need (from a performance perspective) to install the toolbox and run the optimizer manually, although you can if you want to.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

UHans
Contributor

The short answers to you three questions are: No need to, Yes, and No.

The longer version is: Windows 7 features TRIM, so the SSD is automatically kept optimized as you use it. In most cases, there is no need (from a performance perspective) to install the toolbox and run the optimizer manually, although you can if you want to.

DGosl
New Contributor

Brilliant and speedy answer - thank you. Only wish I could chew on win 7 and keep in TRIM too...

I will now delete the downloaded toolbox files I don't need. Thank you very much.