cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the difference between SSDPEKKF256G7X1 and SSDPEKKF256G7L?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Dear reader,

As the title points out: What is the difference between SSD model SSDPEKKF256G7X1 and SSDPEKKF256G7L? And what model type and specs are the last one, because that one is mounted in my Lenovo laptop.

Additional question, why can't I find ANYWHERE on both the sites of Intel and Lenovo the specs for tis modelnr.? Quite annoying, because Windows 10 upgrade version 1803 is having some major issues with Intel SSD models and probably blocked the machines which have those installed. My update is blocked and I suspect this SSD, so I need to know what modeltype my SSD is; 600p Series or Pro 6000p Series or...?

https://support.microsoft.com/nl-nl/help/4103721/windows-10-update-kb4103721 https://support.microsoft.com/nl-nl/help/4103721/windows-10-update-kb4103721 --> scroll down to first known issue......

Master

15 REPLIES 15

BHarr8
New Contributor

SSDPEKKF256G7X1 seems to have loads of search results and is available for sale on multiple sites.

SSDPEKKF256G7L has very few search results and many listings on Ebay.

When 2 seemingly identical devices have these attributes the usual explanation is that the one for sale on Ebay is the model supplied directly to system manufacturers. You see them for sale on Ebay because people remove them when upgrading and then unload them on Ebay to recoup some of the cost of the upgrade.

I do not have direct evidence of this but it certainly seems to explain the discrepancy in this case.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Master_Burn,

Thanks for posting in our communities.As explained by nosirrahx, the difference between these models is that SSDPEKKF256G7X1 refers to the https://ark.intel.com/products/94907/Intel-SSD-Pro-6000p-Series-256GB-M_2-80mm-PCIe-3_0-x4-3D1-TLC retail version of Intel® SSD Pro 6000p Series, while SSDPEKKF256G7L is the OEM (Orignal Equipment Manufacturer) version provided by Lenovo* (these drives may come preinstalled on a system or sold directly by the OEM).Just as explained in the Microsoft* article you shared, Microsoft has temporarily paused the Windows 10* April 2018 Update (also known as RS4) on select devices with Intel® SSD 600p Series and Intel® SSD Pro 6000p Series due to issues that may cause a system to crash and enter a UEFI screen after reboot. Microsoft is working on a resolution that will allow the April 2018 Update on these devices in the near future.Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.Best regards,Eugenio F.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for your reply Eugenio F.

I'll wait for the Microsoft resolution, however the information during the (cancelled) upgrade process really is disappointing here. I hope Microsoft and manufacturers like Intel and Lenovo can collaborate better in the future to inform people in such cases....

Master

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Master_Burn,

Thanks for your reply. Your feedback is important to us and will be shared with the corresponding team.Please contact us again if anything else is required.Best regards,Eugenio F.