cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very LOW Read/Write speeds on Intel 1500 Pro Series M.2 SSD drive.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I'm having an issue with an Intel 1500 Pro series 120 GB "M.2" SSD drive. "The firmware is LH9i and setup for AHCI in the Bios." My benchmarks are coming up "way" short of the advertised read/write speeds of 540/480 MB/s. My speeds are (Read/Write of 262/92 MB/s) using 3 different benchmark utilities, (AS Benchmark : CrystalDisk : IO Meter). My notebook is an HP Elitebook 9480m with the latest Bios 1.36. This Intel drive is being used to install the OS only. I also have a Samsung 850 Pro 1TB for data currently removed from the system till I get this sorted. I also have the latest Intel INF 10.1.1.14, Intel RST 14.8.0.1042, and Intel SSD Toolbox 3.3.6 (which says No Opal installed) on a Windows 10 Pro x64 bit system....Any help will be appreciated. Thx -Dell

3 REPLIES 3

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

meltormae,

We are going to check this for you. Could please be so kind and send us a picture of the drive including the label on it?Best regards,Aleki

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

meltormae,

Thank you for your time, we apologize for the time taken. We would like to inform you that the performance depends on the type of the test that has been run. According to this documentation: http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/product-specifications/ssd-pro-1500-seri... Intel® Solid-State Drive Pro 1500 Series (M.2) on page # 9 values such as queue depth, block size, type of data among others will impact the results.Could you please provide the results and the configuration that you used so we can take a look full information on your SSD?Best regards,Aleki

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

meltormae,

We haven't heard from you in a while so we would like know if there is anything else we can do to assist you.Best regard,Aleki