cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TOOLBOX 3.1.5 - Bugged SMART Details

AGal
New Contributor

Hello, i have the 330 128GB, before installing the 3.1.5 ssd tool box the SMART details was alright,

but after upgrading to the latest version 3.1.5 i see bugged data, i have uploaded screen shot of the problem

thanks, Adi.

6 REPLIES 6

RCram
New Contributor

Same issue on the 520 180GB when viewing the Smart Details being in hex instead of numeric values for various items like hours powered on, etc.

AGal
New Contributor

Is this issue caused after you upgrated to 3.1.5 toolbox ?

if it is, maybe its a software bug in this version of toolbox

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Same behavior with my 520's. Of course this is something the software is doing, but it's possible it was a conscious decision by the programmers, or a mistake too. Non-Intel SSDs have their raw SMART data displayed in hexadecimal too.

A few of the SMART values were never displayed in a format that made sense to the the user, like power on hours count. The power cycle and unsafe shutdown counts are simple to translate to decimal and seem to be reasonable values, in the OP they are 274 and 269 respectively in decimal.

Raw data in most cases must be translated into a user friendly value, as I imagine the total LBAs read and written values are. If so, they really aren't raw data values, are they? Not that it matters to me, SMART data reporting has always been a non-standardized mess. 0x0 still means zero in decimal, and the Windows calculator in Programmer mode can easily change hex values to decimal.

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

We are currently investigating about this.

Thank you for reporting.