cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSDPEKKW256G7 600P series with GA Z170X UD5 - Intel Solid State Drive Toolbox Optimizer tools grayed out.

DTayl10
New Contributor

Installed Series 600P SSD PEKKW256G7 in a new box with Gigabyte GA Z170X UD5. Updated MB BIOS to F20 and installed Intel Solid State Toolbox where I updated SSD firmware to PSF109C. Attempted to install Intel Rapid Storage Technology tool but am getting errors (does not run). Computer recognizes SSD as HDD and when benchmarking all drives using Defraggler, this drive is no faster than my other HDD. My old SSD is much faster. Using the Intel Solid State Drive Toolbox, all of the Optimizer tools are grayed out. Any ideas to fix this would be greatly appreciated. What should I check next?

2 REPLIES 2

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello DtSSDguy,

First of all, about the optimizer is a trim feature that comes already integrated in your operating system (Windows* 7, Windows* 8.1 & Windows® 10), basically the feature is disabled in Intel® Solid-State Drive Toolbox as it is no longer needed. You may want to take a look at this http://www.howtogeek.com/256859/dont-waste-time-optimizing-your-ssd-windows-knows-what-its-doing/ link.About the performance of your disc, checking on the motherboard specs, we noticed that the board comes with 2 x M.2 slots (Socket 3, M key, type 2242/2260/2280 SATA & PCIe x4/x2/x1 SSD support), our suggestion is to verify weather the BIOS is set or mapped properly to run at PCIe interface and not SATA, also to verify that is running at x4 speed.We always recommend to update the BIOS in the motherboard, which you already did, so that part is covered.Basically, we suggest to contact Gigabyte* to verify these settings and to properly setup the M.2 slot.We will be waiting for your response.Regards,NC

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi DtSSDguy,

We are following up and we'd like to know if you require further assistance. We'll be waiting for your response.Regards,NC