cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD Toolbox crashing windows 8.1 64bits

ALBERTO_F_Intel
New Contributor

Does anybody else have a problem while booting Windows 8.1 64 bits. I have updated the Java to the latest version posted in their website, I also checked the .Net frame work version. I recently installed some MS office and Adobe updates but none related to the SSD ToolBox. I also noticed that today Intel release the latest version of ToolBox but whats your suggestion about this issue Im having? Thanks a lot

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: Intel SSD Toolbox.exe

Application Version: 3.2.3.400

Application Timestamp: 53c8395c

Fault Module Name: Intel SSD Toolbox.exe

Fault Module Version: 3.2.3.400

Fault Module Timestamp: 53c8395c

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 000de447

OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1026

Additional Information 1: 5861

Additional Information 2: 5861822e1919d7c014bbb064c64908b2

Additional Information 3: d1d9

Additional Information 4: d1d94a13d3609d6b740644c12508f581

This way I cannot run "optimize" (+scheduled task)

Uninstall/Reintall of SSD toolbox doesn't help.

4 REPLIES 4

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

Hi AlbertoFeoli, you may certainly try repairing Microsoft* .NET framework from Programs and Features since it is a requirement for Intel® SSD Toolbox. It is just necessary to highlight it and click "Uninstall/Change" so you will be able to repair it when the new window appears.

I also wanted to ask, is it correct to assume that those changes were done before the issue started to happen? Were there any changes related to hardware configuration?

Perhaps you may also use Windows* System Restore to roll your system back when Intel® SSD Toolbox was working and then install each software one by one waiting to see if the issue reappears. The idea is to determine if any of those software applications is causing the issue.

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

Please install the following Windows* update as it has been proved to solve issues with Intel® SSD Toolbox.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/3000850 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/3000850

LGree3
New Contributor

3. Re: SSD Toolbox crashing windows 8.1 64 bit AND WINDOWS 10 64 BITS as well

Re: SSD Toolbox, version 3.2.3, shows an error when I run the Intel SSD Optimizer function on a Lenovo X220 laptop running the new Windows Technical Preview (Windows 10). I get the following error message, "Error: The Intel Optimizer encountered an error (32). Reboot and try again." Shutting down the laptop and rebooting, then restarting Intel SSD Toolbox, leads to exactly the same problem.

Window Technical Preview is Windows 10, and is not listed among the versions that is helped by the Windows Update 3000850.

Any suggestions?

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello Larrylgreenhill,

The Intel® Solid-State Drive toolbox 3.2.3 was not designed, nor tested to operate under Windows Technical Preview (Windows 10)*. Some of the features in the tool may not work well with this Operating System version.

- You may check with your PC manufacturer and confirm you are using the correct drivers and firmware versions to work with Windows Technical Preview*.

If the condition is present in a system with Windows 8.1*; please let us know, as we would like to get more details about the issue, as well as additional system information.