cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD Intel 545s low speed write

MGais2
New Contributor

Hello. I purchased the "Intel 545s SSD 128gb", but the write speed is very low. Using the "Intel ssd toolbox" utility, I updated the firmware,

used full diagnostic scan and perform optimization (TRIM), but the speed remained low. Help solve the problem. Sorry for the error in the text, I do not know English well.imageimageimage

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DiegoV_Intel
Contributor II
Hi MGais2, After checking the SMART report, there is nothing wrong with the drive. We would like to offer you a replacement unit since you are not able to run the test per the recommendations mentioned above, but please keep in mind that this might not be the root cause of the issue. If you purchased the drive recently, you may consider to get a replacement from the place of purchase as the unit may still be under warranty. Our Warranty Team will contact you by email soon with additional information. Have a nice day. Regards, Diego V. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

DiegoV_Intel
Contributor II
Hi MGais2, Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities. I would like to know how you are performing the benchmark tests. I can see that you are using the drive as the primary drive, however, when testing the performance of the drive, it’s recommended to use the drive as the secondary drive and to low-level format it before the test so that the drive is empty. When you are testing the performance of the drive and this drive is the booting unit, it may be possible that the results are lower than the expected ones because the drive has additional workload like the OS itself, and any other application running in the background. Is it possible that you can test the drive as secondary drive and low-level format it before the test? Make sure to back up your data before low-level formatting the drive. Additionally, can you please get the SMART report from the Intel® SSD Toolbox and share the file here? I just want to see if everything is fine with the drive. ** To generate the SMART report, just press the Export button at the lower right corner in the Intel® SSD Toolbox. I’ll be waiting for your response. Have a nice day. Regards, Diego V. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation

Thanks for answering. After the purchase, I tested the empty disk as an additional one, the speed indicators were the same (130 MB / s). I did not make a low-level format. Now I do not have the opportunity to test the SSD as an additional disk. I send you the report S.M.A.R.T.

Hi MGais2,

Thank you for the information.

I’ll check it and let you know what else we can try to improve the performance of the drive.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

DiegoV_Intel
Contributor II
Hi MGais2, After checking the SMART report, there is nothing wrong with the drive. We would like to offer you a replacement unit since you are not able to run the test per the recommendations mentioned above, but please keep in mind that this might not be the root cause of the issue. If you purchased the drive recently, you may consider to get a replacement from the place of purchase as the unit may still be under warranty. Our Warranty Team will contact you by email soon with additional information. Have a nice day. Regards, Diego V. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation