cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD firmaware Update

trewq20
New Contributor

Hey,

I am trying to upgrade my SSD firmware (Intel® SSD Pro 7600p Series 512GB, M.2 80mm, PCIe 3.1 x4, 3D2, TLC). The current firmware version is 'L13P'. I read somewhere that there is a more updated version. So I attempted to upgrade by installing Intel SSD Firmware Update Tool on a USB stick.

At the end of the search process, I got the following error message. "No known update for SSD".

I must, therefore, conclude that there is no updated firmware of this SSD, despite the fact that I have read that there is a newer one?

I am trying to upgrade my SSD firmware (Intel® SSD Pro 7600p Series 512GB, M.2 80mm, PCIe 3.1 x4, 3D2, TLC). The current firmware version is 'L13P'. I read somewhere that there is a more updated version. So I attempted to upgrade by installing Intel SSD Sign Update Tool on a USB stick.

At the end of the search process, I got the following error message. "No known update for SSD".

I must, therefore, conclude that there is no updated firmware of this SSD, despite the fact that I have read that there is a newer one?

Best regards

cristiano

P.S. I attach to this the screenshot of the message sent by the SSD Firmware Update Tool (SSD Firmware Update Tool).

12 REPLIES 12

AlHill
Contributor II

LeonWaksman
Contributor II

Hi @trewq20 

1. The latest version for 7600P SSD is version 005P.

2. Download and install Intel Memory and Storage Tool

4. Using Intel MAS Tool, update the firmware of your SSD to the latest version.

Leon

Hey Leon,

thank you for your kind reply. Actually, I read about the existence of '005P' firmware.

I've tried to check for this update by using MAS Tool (as you suggested me). The application tells me that the firmware of my SSD is Up to Date (with 'L13P' firmware). Moreover, I cannot find any firmware at this link (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29704?v=t) for Intel® SSD Pro 7600p Series.

Maybe the new firmware is not yet available on Windows 10 64bit Systems?!

Thank you anyway, really.

bye

trewq20

That is very strange. I can't verify this since I don't have 7600P. However it is clearly stated in the Intel MAS Release Notes on page 4, that the latest version is 005P. So, may be you don't have retail SSD, but some OEM version? Please attach an image of Intel MAS Tool showing the Firmware Update page and additional image showing Drive Summary page.

Leon