cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD 6 Series 256GB Not working

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi,

I bought an ssd 600 Series , to my asus 170 pro gaming motherboard, installed it in my M.2 Port.

made change in BIOS , got it to work in windows 10, did a new format it in windows 10 built in disk managment program.

worked ok for couple of hours then it dosen't show up in my bios or in windows 10 desktop.

3 REPLIES 3

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Viberq,

We always recommend making sure that you're running the latest BIOS version and Chipset drivers for your motherboard. Additionally, you may try to remove the SSD and install it again, or test it in another system.

- Downloads for the https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Z170-PRO-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/ ASUS® Z170 PRO GAMING* Motherboard

If after this troubleshooting the SSD is still not being detected in your BIOS, you may have a defective unit in your hands. For a replacement during the initial 30 days of purchase, you can contact your place of purchase. After the initial 30 days the warranty is handled by http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html Intel® Customer Support.

Note: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel®.

Best regards,

Carlos A.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi,

I have done all above as you have said, but with no success.

I may have to return it. test another one and hopefully it will work better.

How come there is so many problems with these M2 ssd disks?

Thanks for the feedback.

Best regards,

Marcus V.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Viberq,

Most of the issues we see with these drives are simple compatibility issues (M.2 ports that only support SATA and not NVMe*, use older generation NVMe*, and so on).We're confident that once you receive your replacement, you will not experience further issues.Best regards,Carlos A.