cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD 540 240 g fail to boot

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I just brought a 540 SSD 240g and tried to replace my old sandisk 120g ssd, I hv tried the data migration as well as installing the Win 7 ultimate system direct both failed to boot, while the sandisk 120g boot without any problem. Need help on this

6 REPLIES 6

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Petermui57,

We understand your SSD is not booting up after the installation, we would like to know the computer's specs, any error you see while trying to boot as well. Please if you can provide us as well the BIOS version of your motherboard.We will be waiting for your response.NC

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello NC,

Sorry was busy with other matters and only see your question now, my mother board is ASUS P9X79 Bios version 1103, CPU Intel i7-3820 cpu @3.6Hz

This is a self assembly desktop.

I got the message as belows

"Windows failed to start, a recent hardware or software change might be the cause......

info: the boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible. "

Please see if you could help on this.

AT the moment I am using the old Sandisk SSD which is OK. Thanks for your help in advance.

Peter

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Petermui57,

Thanks for replying and don't worry.After checking the motherboard of your system, we can tell you it is highly recommended you can upgrade the BIOS version on it, this because we can see there are some newer versions that fix a lot of system stability, specially the BIOS version: P9X79 BIOS 3408 - Fixed that system will hang(blue screen) when installing UEFI OS.Also, checking the manual, on part 3-29, it will show you the SATA mode, we highly recommend to use AHCI mode, please check the picture in the manual http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA2011/P9X79/E6830_P9X79.zip?_ga=1.85005072.883075723.146766401... here.To upgrade the BIOS version of your motherboard, we suggest you get in contact with Asus* before applying the update, you can download it from https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P9X79/HelpDesk_Download/ here.Please let us know if you require any other assistance from us.NC

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi NC,

Thanks for the prompt reply, sorry for the mother board it should be P9X79 deluxe version (is there any different?)

For the SATA conf, I already in the AHCI mode.

For upgrading the BIOS, is it easy to be done? (As I am not sure whether I can handle)

Thanks.