cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD 520 series not visible

GAvra
New Contributor

Sorry if there is such a thread already but I have read every update on the net i was able to get my hands on and nothing seems to be working for me.

The ssd i bought is visible in BIOS but still not visible in Windows 7

I tried with a different SATA cable

I tried leaving just the SSD connected

I tried changing the bios settings from IDE to AHCI

I tried downloading all kinds of software from the Intel website. The SSD Toolbox is suggesting that there is a "security freeze lock" and to remove it I have to unplug and plug again the cable but that has no effect as well.

I tried to partition the disk but I cannot as it is not visible

I tried changing the boot priority

There was suggestion somewhere to clean the disk from CMD once i start the Windows installation but that did not help as well.

Is the SSD just faulty or is there something else I could try or something that I have missed?

2 REPLIES 2

GAvra
New Contributor

And further more. When I connected it and rebooted the computer there was a message saying: searching preconfigured driver folders and going round and round.

Only when I uninstalled the device from the device manager and checked for hardware changes it seemed to have installed the driver correctly but I don't trust it anyway since it does not work.

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

I suggest you getting/creating a Linux* bootable USB drive or live disc and boot with it. Put the system to sleep once it is finished booting. The drive should be in normal state after resuming from sleep.

You can use either one of these tools to create a Linux* bootable drive:

NOTE: These links are being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there. The customer assumes full responsibility for proper use of these tools.