cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sequential speeds extremely low

kster1
New Contributor

Hi there! I'm just trying to figure out why my SSD (SSDSC2CT240A4) is performing poorly, I ran 'Userbenchmark' on it and it came back with the following:

Read 209

Write 162

Mixed 184

SusWrite 190

42% 186 MB/s

Performing below potential (19th percentile)

If you could point me in the right direction or steps I should be looking at I would appreciate it!

3 REPLIES 3

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi kevinkevink,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.In order to properly perform a benchmark test, there are some recommended configurations that should be done. Please check them below:
  1. Make sure the drive firmware is up to date. You can do this with the Intel® SSD Toolbox which is available from the following site: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28234/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Toolbox?product=80096
  2. In the Intel® SSD Toolbox, you can also run a quick diagnostic scan on the drive to check if there are errors with it.
  3. It's also recommendable to perform a secure erase on the drive. This will delete all data in the drive, so before doing this, please make sure to back up all your data.
  4. Connect the drive as a secondary drive to perform the benchmark test.
  5. We recommend to use Crystal Disk Mark (standard edition) for benchmark tests. You can download this tool from the following site: https://crystalmark.info/en/software/crystaldiskmark/
After doing these configurations, please run the test and let us know the results. You can take a screenshot of the Crystal Disk Mark output and posted here.Have a nice day.Regards,Diego V.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi kevinkevink,

I'd like to know if you have updates on this.Have a nice day.Regards,Diego V.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi kevinkevink,

Since you haven't posted any updates on this, the thread will be marked as assumed answered.You can still post any updates at any time. We'll continue the support if needed.Have a nice day.Regards,Diego V.