cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S3700 Series 800GB with S.M.A.R.T.

MBala4
New Contributor

Hi there!

I have two S3700 800GB and S.M.A.R.T. attributes monitoring (with smartctl in Linux, not SSD Toolbox). On both disks "Value" of 5th attribute (Reallocated_Sector_Ct) is 99, but in "Raw value" there are 1 on one disk and 0 on another. According to http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/product-specifications/ssd-dc-s3700-spec... this pdf with specifications, quote: "Normalized value: beginning at 100, shows the percent remaining of allowable grown defect count". Smartctl database is updated. How can that be? Is this normal?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

Allan_J_Intel1
New Contributor II

Thanks for coming back to the community.

I understand Re-allocated Sector Count on Linux shows 99.

The raw count may be 99, but that's not enough to make a 1% change in the normalized value.

Please try to monitor the Reallocated Sectors Count and contact us for an RMA if it is steadily increasing by more than 3 errors per week. A sporadic increase (1 or 2 every couple of months) does not indicate a problem.

For customer support please go to:

www.intel.com/chat

If possible, please provide screen shots of the SSD toolbox; this will help us determine if same results are available with SSD toolbox.

Thanks

Allan.

Thank you for response!

Re-allocated Sector Count on Linux shows 1 on one disk and 0 on another, but normalized value is 99 on both. The question is how is that possible, that normalized value is 99 with 0 in raw value?

I'm afraid there's no opportunity to make screenshots with SSD toolbox - I don't have Windows and physical access to disks. But thank you for information about when increase of Re-allocated Sector Count becomes a problem. That information soothes