cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"My Computer" taking forever to load

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I recently updated my motherboard and installed 2 Intel 330 SDDs in a RAID 0 array. I am having issues with loading "Computer" to look at my disks. It hangs like it's searching or something. I did a few SSD "optimiztions" and they all seemed to be okay, such as disabling prefetch and superfetch moving my pagefile to a normal drive and turning off indexing. Shortly after I started experiencing the problem where it takes forever to show my drives in My Computer. It doesn't do it all the time but it's bothersome and it's worrying me. Sometimes the drives aand libraries are listed in the left pane but sometimes they are not and it has an extremely long load time, it looks like a windows search where the green bar is moving through the address bar. Any help would be much appreciated.

*Also, if I type a file address in the start menu, for instance, "D:/music", it comes up immediately. I dont undertsnad why it is searching for my drives when I open Computer.

***I now believe this is a software issue because when I first boot, for maybe 10 seconds, prior to all of my processes loading I can access Computer and Control Panel. They are also both accessable when shutting down, i.e. when most of the processes have been stopped. Any advice?

0 REPLIES 0