cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P41 Plus Not Detected During Windows 11 Install

DivineBloodline
New Contributor

I'm trying to upgrade my stock SSD in Zenbook 14 Model: Q409ZA to the a 2TB P41 Plus, however during the Windows 11 Install P41 Plus isn't detected. Seems to be only missing from the Windows install. Show up in the BIOS, and shows up in Windows as normal drive when I tested it on my other PC. Also made sure the P41 Plus firmware was up to date, and ran a few different tests to test the P41 Plus for failures or errors, no issues there. Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DivineBloodline
New Contributor

Intel CPU driver issue. Apparently on 11th,12th, 13th Gen Intel CPUs you need an the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver to detect drives during the Windows installs.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

DivineBloodline
New Contributor

Intel CPU driver issue. Apparently on 11th,12th, 13th Gen Intel CPUs you need an the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver to detect drives during the Windows installs.

Hi, Divine Bloodline

Thank you for providing this valuable piece of information. I have seen this happen in other brands using 11th, 12th, and 13th-generation processors (Intel Tiger Lake). You need an Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver to detect drives during Windows installs.

There is an Intel Rapid Storage Technology (IRST) Driver Version V19.3.0.1016 from September 13, 202...

The package includes Intel's Rapid Storage Technology (IRST) driver, which enables communication between storage devices and the operating system to accelerate read and write speed and responsiveness.

Bear in mind that Solidigm™ is not responsible for the information or tools other companies provide to their clients. Having said this, the downloads offered in this response are to improve your experience with the care provided, and any questions or queries must be answered by the developer (ASUS).

Please let us know if this information is useful for you.

Regards