cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P3700: Please contact your Intel representative about firmware update for this drive.

HKieh
New Contributor

Hi,

I have four Intel-SSD-DC-P3700-Series-1_6TB-12-Height-PCIe-3_0-20nm-MLC which my company purchased from HP in two Proliant DL380 Gen9 servers. If I run the tool isdct from Intel it prints out the following:

isdct show -intelssd 0

- IntelSSD CVFT5225005S1P6DGN -

DeviceStatus: Healthy

Firmware: 4IFDHPK2

FirmwareUpdateAvailable: Please contact your Intel representative about firmware update for this drive.

ModelNumber: MT1600KEXUV

ProductFamily: Intel SSD DC P3700 Series

SerialNumber: CVFT5225005S1P6DGN

Index: 0

DevicePath: /dev/nvme0n1

Bootloader: 8B1B012E

If I try to do an update it prints out the following:

isdct load -intelssd 0

WARNING! You have selected to update the drives firmware!

Proceed with the update? (Y|N): y

Updating firmware...

Error: Please contact your Intel representative about firmware update for this drive.

I contacted HP and my contact told me this:

HPE does not provide any drivers, FW or utilities for the Intel workload accelerator cards.

The question I have is what must I do to get the new Firmware for these cards?

The operating system used is Redhat 7.2 with a kernel.org kernel 4.4.1.

Many thanks in advance for any help resolving this issue.

Regards,

Holger

11 REPLIES 11

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello h_o_l_g_e_r,

The SSD that you have is an OEM version of the drive, customized for use in HPE* ProLiant* ML/DL/SL Server Series. Firmware updates and drivers for your SSD are provided by https://www.hpe.com/us/en/support.html Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) Support Help & Customer Service Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), so you will need to contact them and confirm any plans to update firmware in the future.

Intel® SSD Data Center Tool may be able to pull the information from the drive, however, it does not support firmware updates on OEM SSD's.

Hello jonathan_intel,

thank you for confirming that this is a HPE OEM card. Unfortunatly HPE still refuses to supply any support for their own cards! They still say this:

HPE does not provide any drivers, FW or utilities for the Intel workload accelerator cards.

So, I am stuck without any support.

Regards,

Holger

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello Holger,

The OEM versions of Intel® SSD's are normally customized, so the drivers and firmware used with retail drives normally do not apply to OEM SSD's.

In this case, HP may not have released any new drivers nor firmware for the HP* PCIe Workload Accelerator, which appears to be their version of the Intel® SSD DC P3700.

If you have any specific issue or questions, HPE support should be able to provide the assistance you require, and also, we will be glad to help in any way within our reach about this matter.

Please check your private messages as we would like to get more information about this.

HKieh
New Contributor

Hello Jonathan,

I noticed very poor performance with these cards, so I wanted to first check if I have the latest firmware and drivers. Looking at HPE website http://h20565.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=7908255&lang=en&cc=us http://h20565.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=7908255&lang=en&cc=us I noticed that the firmware shown is not for the Intel P3700, but the FusionIO (SanDisk) IOdrives. My contact to HPE then opened a case to which they answered: "HPE does not provide any drivers, FW or utilities for the Intel workload accelerator cards.". And it was suggested to just use the isdct (Intel Solid State Drive Data Center Tool), which suggested that there is new firmware. Even if there is no new firmware, I cannot put these cards in operational use in a critical environment, if there is no support for these cards.

Regards,

Holger