cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P3608 FDE enterprise class server HP DL360P GEN9

DMusc
New Contributor

How do enable FDE on a P3608 Intel SSD on an HP DL360P Gen 9 server? I cannot find anything in the bios for disk password or anything extra in the server security section of the BIOS

6 REPLIES 6

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Dmuscat,

We understand you would like to enable the Full Disk Encryption of the drive, for this, we can tell you the drive comes with AES 256 bit encryption.Please allow us to research about this with the information you provided to us. We will keep you posted.Regards,NC

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Dmuscat,

According to the information we have from our Intel® SSD DC P3608 Series, the drive is AES 256 bit self encrypted and it does not require any BIOS setting to enable it, the feature cannot be disabled as well.We will be waiting for your response in case you need further assistance.Regards,NC

DMusc
New Contributor

Ok so I guess the point is being missed here, I need to enter a password in the bios, so that password is tied to the encryption and that if the drive is removed form the server and put into another system it cannot be read, that is what I am trying to do here. I cannot find in the HP bios (Chip set C610) where to put the password for AES encryption so that the SSD is protected.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Dmuscat,

For you to be able to setup the password from the BIOS, you need to check for an option that says "ATA password", however, not all of them come with this option.We will be performing a research of possible third party tools that can help you setup the password, so the drive cannot be accessed if it is moved to different servers.Please allow us some time to review this and we will keep you posted.Regards,NC