cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NVME 600p disk degraded

Claude001
New Contributor

Hello,

My NVME disk is not functional anymore and I wanted to know if there is anything I can do to save it?

Intel Memory and Storage Tool says that it's Degraded and if I try to do a Diagnostics Scan is fails in the Read Scan.

I tried getting SMART details but it seems like the disk is in some kind of read-only state, which I don't know how to change.

I've attached the details exported from same program. Anything else I could try?

Best Regards

Claus

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

n_scott_pearson
Contributor II

The drive has entered this state because there are no more spares available to replace worn-out sectors. This is typically the result of long-term usage. All you can do is backup your files to secondary storage and replace the drive.

How long have you had this drive? Did you purchase it new? Have you been using it for Cryptocurrency mining? It would have to be hit pretty hard to result in a fairly recent drive getting into a state like this.

For more information on this situation, consult these (example) pages:

If you believe that this is occurring in error, you can call Intel and discuss the result with them.

...S

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

n_scott_pearson
Contributor II

The drive has entered this state because there are no more spares available to replace worn-out sectors. This is typically the result of long-term usage. All you can do is backup your files to secondary storage and replace the drive.

How long have you had this drive? Did you purchase it new? Have you been using it for Cryptocurrency mining? It would have to be hit pretty hard to result in a fairly recent drive getting into a state like this.

For more information on this situation, consult these (example) pages:

If you believe that this is occurring in error, you can call Intel and discuss the result with them.

...S