cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating windows 10

GKeta
New Contributor II

Does the intel data migration too support migrating windows 10 ? If so how can I do it ?

5 REPLIES 5

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello Gihan,

The process to migrate Microsoft® Windows 10 using Intel® Data Migration Software (IDMS) is the same used with previous versions of Windows®.

There are two ways to migrate your drive using an Intel® SSD. You can use the software to start the migration within the OS, or you can create a Bootable media then boot from it to start the cloning process. The software and User Guide can be downloaded from the following website:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19324/Intel-Data-Migration-Software Download Intel® Data Migration Software

GKeta
New Contributor II

Hey Jonathan,

Thanks for the reply

I tried both the methods actually, but it didn't work. Once I migrated to SSD and booted, the Desktop screen started flickering, couldn't stop and couldn't do any work. With the bootable media it gave me an error. So right now I'm hope less...

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello Gihan,

Please make sure that the new SSD is connected to a port managed by the same storage controller as the source drive (normally a contiguous port of the same color in the motherboard).

After the migration, you should be able to connect your new SSD to the same port where the source drive was connected, then boot your system normally.

Since it is not working, please provide the following information:

- Computer make and model.

- Model of source Drive- Model of target drive

- Does the cloning process give any errors before you attempt to boot from the new drive?

- Provide any additional information about the process you follow to do the migration (ports used, BIOS settings, etc).

GKeta
New Contributor II

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the reply. Mine is a laptop.

- Computer make and model. :- Asus ROG J751JTch1

- Model of source Drive :- HGST HTS721010A9E630- Model of target drive :-INTEL SSDSC2BP240G4

- Does the cloning process give any errors before you attempt to boot from the new drive? :- NO

- Provide any additional information about the process you follow to do the migration (ports used, BIOS settings, etc). I plug SSD into the other HDD bay available (i.e internal)